Your vision is your mission! There are personal preferences regarding what to use for better eyesight. What to choose eyeglasses or contact lens? – A subject of constant discussion. Well, I believe that factors like personal preferences followed by lifestyle, comfort, convenience, budget, and aesthetics matter in selecting one over the other. There is a lot more content suggesting what to do and what not to. Above all of them, the significant thing is to select what suits you the best. When we talk about eyeglasses or contact lens, we do address the question of eye health at a priority.
Both of these commodities have to offer their own merits and demerits. Eyeglasses have many more advantages over contact lenses. They are low-cost maintenance and easy to use products. Contact lenses give a vibe of being free from wearing any product. Many individuals have a preference to opt for a combination of both, but many tend towards selecting any one out of them both. People who wear eyeglasses in their normal usage gets attracted towards trying contact lenses for letting something new to happen to them. However, there are taboos regarding both of them individually, which needs to be stepped out by them accurately.
Eyeglasses – Pros
- The most accessible part of wearing eyeglasses is that one does not need to touch eyes for its use that directly reduces the chances of eye infection causes.
- Secondly, eyeglasses can be as simple as putting an ice cube in water or putting salt into the dish. Just wear it, and eyeglasses would not demand much cleaning efforts.
- Any individual who holds a rough and tough kind of personality should opt for eyeglasses as it requires no much care concerns.
- There are a plethora of frame options to best match anyone’ style. An individual holds a style well by selecting a frame pattern that eyefoster offer for his/her preferences.
- You can take off your glasses at any time and keep it anywhere. Hahaha! It the most prominent merit to get rid off your boring spectacles.
- If an individual’ vision does not change often, there is no need for modifying your pair of glasses even! In the long run, eyeglasses are cost-efficient in comparison to contact lenses.
Eyeglasses – Cons
- Most of the times we witness Fogg on the glasses or clumsy hue due to rain. It outcomes in a blurred vision.
- With putting on the eyeglasses, there is a maximum possibility of vision getting dispersed because of excessive sunlight.
- Another drawback of putting on eyeglasses is the pressure that our ears bare or the weight that our nose tackles. It becomes troublesome managing eyeglasses on a regular note.
- A foolishly funny reason for people hating eyeglasses is that they don’t like the way they look by wearing it. Isn’t it unusual, it is, of course! Many people move on to prefer contact lenses due to this reason.
- For active people, maybe, a sportsperson or a daily hustler, eyeglasses are not a desirable choice to go. There are more possibilities of the glasses breaking down repeatedly.
Contact Lens – Pros
- Athletes who are full of enthusiasm need not worry for an efficient eyewear solution as they have one! When they wear lenses, there is no possibility of their eyewear turning around with their heads.
- Eye lenses rarely misplace themselves from the eye premises and hence are not easily breakable. Lenses turn out only when the wearer rubs the eyes very harshly.
- Contacts sit perfectly on the cornea and are not much interrupted from the environmental disorders. Rain, sunlight, Fogg, and similar factors do not affect lenses as compared to eyeglasses.
- Contact lenses are a symbol of creativity. Anyone if wishes to change the color of eye’ curvature, lenses make it happen.
- One can wear eye make-up along with the lenses to add character to the style. Contact lenses complete your look and make you more fashionable.
- Well, contact lenses can comfort you at maximum. The contact lenses ensure that whatever work you do, there is no obstacle from your eyewear.
Contact Lens – Cons
- Contact lenses lag nowhere behind than eyeglasses. However, some disadvantages reduce their overall effectiveness.
- A high amount of time and efforts blended with care is demanded to maintain contact lenses. While eyeglasses are easy maintenance materials, contact lenses are extremely contradictory to it.
- The major issue faced regarding contact lenses is that people are unable to apply them properly. Contact lenses are required proper practice before applying them on the eye.
- Due to contact lenses, the eye receives oxygen in an insufficient amount that can cause dry eye syndrome.
- Keep working on computers with contact lenses in your eye may lead to computer vision syndrome in the long duration.
- Daily wear contacts can cause great harm if one sleeps putting it on. It makes eyes dry, irritated, scratchy, clunky, and ill. When you wake up with such eyes more common, eye disorders are bound to happen.
Wrapping it up – The discussion owes no end as it is similar to arguing on brown bread or white bread or maybe killing with poison or cutting with the sword. The significant thing is that no specific solution to this is achievable as there are differences in opinions. People have distinct preferences, and their selection would be accordingly. Nothing could say that what Eyeglasses over contact lenses or lenses over glasses are better.
Both eyeglasses and contact lenses can rectify astigmatism, are affordable, have unique traits, and are style-efficient. If you wear contact lenses regularly, I suggest keeping a pair of eyeglasses handy for use at any time. Also, it is favorable to have a word with the optician to find out what best matches you as per your current condition of eyes. All the above pointers state that it is up to you what you select for your betterment. So what do you prefer for your eyewear option? What you wear to style your eye? Do let us know your experience!